Marta López Ogando
Marta López Ogando
1. YOU & IED: your Name, the IED School you attended, the Year, and the Course you graduated in.
Marta López Ogando. IED Madrid. 2018-2019. Master of Fashion Products Management.
2. YOU NOW: your job description, where you work, projects you are working on etc.
I am an Account Executive for L’Oréal Paris and Essie, at Pin Up Comunicación, a communications and PR agency in Madrid.
My daily job consists of writing press releases, answering journalist’s requests, preparing all the communications and PR materials for new product releases, as well as, reporting the results to headquarters regarding projects undergoing. We also organize different types of events according to the needs of our clients.
Actually, I have just completed the first online event for essie: launching their new line product including a how to do tie dye nails tutorial by a brand expert.
Currently, we are preparing the next edition of MBFWM (Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Madrid), to be hosted in September 2020, and where L’Oréal Paris is a main sponsor.
I love my job and I can consider myself lucky to be part of these great projects.
3. ITALIAN CREATIVITY: IED is 100% Italian and 100% creative, let us know how both these aspects led you to choose IED and how they helped or influenced your career.
Given that I wanted to change my career path, and I have always wanted to be directly involved in the fashion and beauty industry, for me it was an obvious decision: Italian design has always been a worldwide reference and IED is one of the most renowned schools for innovation and creativity.
Being part of the IED has opened my eyes to new realities and taught me to see beyond what lies ahead. Seek new alternatives, grow and always look for continuous improvement.
4. IED LOCATIONS: all our schools are found in some of the most creative and vibrant cities around the globe. Let us know why you choose the city you went to and what role it played in your student and future life.
I’ve been living in Madrid for almost fifteen years so for me it was an easy choice. Madrid has given me the best years of my life and I think it is a city with lots of cultural activities, plans and a good vibe.
Madrid is also a city that welcomes its visitors with open arms. The perfect combination of creativity, culture and lots of interesting plans.
5. CHALLENGES OF OUR TIMES: how have the challenging times we’re living affected your professional life?
Due to the current worldwide situation, regarding the Covid-19 virus, the way we work has changed considerably. We haven’t stopped during these months. The way we manage events has changed highlighting digital. Instead of communicating about new products launches, we have created useful digital contents for end users at their homes (DIY: makeup techniques, skincare routines, dying your hair at home…).
It has been a time of reinvention and of looking for new ways to reach the media and the user. Creativity and thinking about users rather than the brand itself has also played an important role.
6. SUSTAINABILITY: IED is particularly involved in this argument, you may want to share with us how you or your company are facing up to today’s environmental challenges.
Elvive, a L’Oréal Paris’ brand, is producing 100% biodegradable product packaging for shampoos and conditioners. This step will reduce the impact of the environment and they have a future plan to improve in this area.
I think it is very important that companies become aware of sustainability and every small step is a victory. It is very important that sustainability is given a place in schools from childhood and I believe that society will gradually improve in this subject.
7. ADVICE: your recommendations to future graduates for a bright and creative future in your field.
At the IED school, students will learn about all different areas and topics. IED teachers are industry professionals with varied profiles and backgrounds. Enhancing students’ possibilities to acquire different skills and visions of the industry. You will have to work hard and you will have to put a lot of work into, but if you make the most of it, it will be well worth it.
8. MORE ABOUT YOU: let us have links to web pages where students can discover more about you and your work
I have a blog, truth be told, I don’t update it too much.