1. YOU & IED: your Name, the IED School you attended, the Year, and the Course you graduated in.
Lucía Martínez Prado. IED Madrid, Postgraduate Course in Digital Marketing, Social Networks and Omni-Channels Conversion program. Graduation year: 2015
2. YOU NOW: your job description, where you work, projects you are working on etc.
Founder & CEO at Break-Event, a platform that helps concert promoters to reduce uncertainty and predict the profitability of every event.
3. ITALIAN CREATIVITY: IED is 100% Italian and 100% creative, let us know how both these aspects led you to choose IED and how they helped or influenced your career.
Personally, I find a school’s culture very important ,and IED transmitted the values I was looking for. Not only I learned about digital marketing and social business skills, but IED’s philosophy and values, which have influenced my career to date.
4. IED LOCATIONS: all our schools are found in some of the most creative and vibrant cities around the globe. Let us know why you choose the city you went to and what role it played in your student and future life.
I had lived in Madrid before I studied in IED Madrid. I chose the city because I love its culture, people and all the places you can enjoy there. Madrid is a multicultural city with people from different countries and cities. This makes Madrid a city where everyone welcomes you. Regarding how Madrid influenced me, it gave me a different point of view, a more creative and innovative perspective.
5. CHALLENGES OF OUR TIMES: how have the challenging times we are living affected your professional life?
I believe that challenging times can make us stronger if we change our perspective and leverage the learnings. For example, I have never had as much work as I do now during the COVID-19 pandemia. Every day, I dedicate a few hours reading the news and taking webinars about the music industry and other sectors to keep myself updated and be more prepared than ever.
There are many opportunities available, we just have to know how to identify them. I believe we are in an excellent moment to start up a company, as history shows that some of the greatest ideas and companies have emerged during crises.
At Break-Event, we’re very excited about the work we’re doing to improve our product, helping concert promoters reduce uncertainty and predict the profitability in every event.
6. SUSTAINABILITY: IED is particularly involved in this argument, you may want to share with us how you or your company are facing up to today’s environmental challenges.
Because Break-Event is a digital product, we have all worked remotely with schedule flexibility since the first day.
We are grateful to support concert promoters, as they are working hard in the sustainability field by reducing plastic waste and taking additional measures to help protect the environment.
7. ADVICE: your recommendations to future graduates for a bright and creative future in your field (Management).
I would like to make two recommendations. First and foremost, be passionate about what you do. Creating a startup is an emotional roller-coaster, passion and motivation are what guide you, allowing you to achieve your dreams. The second one, is to surround yourself with people who have more knowledge and experience than you do.
8. MORE ABOUT YOU: let us have links to web pages where students can discover more about you and your work
My startup website: www.break-event.com
My LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/luciamartinezprado/